Friday, June 29, 2012

How about a Two-fer!?!?

Tried two new pin projects today! Some good friends of mine have vowed to make every Friday afternoon "our time."  Today, we opted for the beach.  It was a scorcher: 107 degrees!!!! But the bay water was perfect and the drinks were a-flow-in.  Which brings me to my first pin project of the day: Nectarine Basil Tea (with a twist!)

I found the recipe for Nectarine Basil Tea here, and decided to put my own spin on it.  And by spin, I mean add alcohol.  (Its a beach day... duh.) I also substituted green tea for black tea, because if you are going to add rum and peach schnapps, might as well do so while boosting your metabolism!  Here's MY ingredient list:
-4 green tea bags
-fresh basil (oh yeah, know where I got that from... right!?!?)
-3 nectarines
-1/2 cup agave nectar (the original recipe calls for sugar.... but I prefer agave)
-Bacardi Silver
-Peach Schnapps

I started by boiling about 4 cups of water and seeming the green tea.  I also added the basil to the tea mixture and let it sit for about 10 minutes to take on the flavor.  Then, strain the tea and basil out.
While I had that simmering, I brought the nectarines (diced, of course) and the agave to a boil.
I filled my pitcher up with ice and added about 3 cups of rum and 1 cup of schnapps.  I am really guestimating on those numbers.... just eyeball it depending on how strong you want the drink.  Then mix in the tea and nectarine/agave syrup and chill.  It was sooooo refreshing! Eleni, Amanda, Lauren, and I all give it a 10/10! Perfect beach drink.

And since I promised you a two-fer... check out the gorgeous braid Eleni put in my hair today inspired by this photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...