Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Remembering 9/11

For this week's Pleated Poppy "What I Wore Wednesday," I'm taking the opportunity to pay outfit homage to my amazing country: The U.S.A.!

On the 11th anniversary of the tragedy that was September 11, I pulled out the most patriotic attire I could find in my closet.

For work, I paired a J. Crew plaid shirt with a navy pencil skirt and accessorized with some great red heels and a yellow skinny belt. I felt very "Americana."
Shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: The Limited
Belt: Betsey Johnson (TJ Maxx)
Heels: Kenneth Cole (Dillards)
Pearls: gift

Later that evening, a few of my girl friends and I headed to a local wine bar for flight night.  I paired the same J. Crew button up with another plaid shirt.... (I've gotten much more brave with my pattern mixing since my first attempt).  Though you can't see the bottom half of the outfit in my only picture of the night, I paired the shirts with some cut off jean shorts, my Nine West camel bag, and some camel ankle boots.

Did you dress in red, white, and blue for 9/11?

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...