Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Marion Berry Style Challenge: Pattern Mixing

I have definitely been more adventurous with my outfit choices since exploring Pinterest.  You've already seen some inspiration from J's Everyday Fashion in my Movie Date Makeover and I've Been Thinking About You, Blog posts.  But the other day, I discovered another awesome fashion blog: Marion Berry Style.

In addition to some great outfit ideas, she hosts a monthly "trend" challenge.  This month? Pattern Mixing.  Whoooaaaaaa boy.... did I come in on a toughy! I mean, last month's trend was yellow.... I could rock that with my eyes closed.  But pattern mixing?  Its something I've always admired but rarely had the courage to try.

I decided, however, in the name of experimentation (and if nothing else, good blogging) to try my hand at the trend.

After about 30 minutes in my closet, here's what I came up with:

Floral.... on stripes, on stripes! This was huge for me! But I think it works! (I HOPE it works.... because I wore it to a work training today!)

Here's the goods:
Blazer: Charlotte Russe $36
Tee: American Eagle $10
Scarf: Candies by Kohls $15
Jeans: Kohls $20

So, I am dying for your thoughts.... would you mix patterns like this?

Be sure to check out the Marion Berry Style page tomorrow for other bloggers who took the trend of the month challenge!

10 comments:

  1. Looks good on you...not sure if I would ever be brave enough to do it though. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your look caught my eye on Marion's blog. I, too, had a hard time pattern mixing. I think you pulled it off, though! The colors all work well together and the thick and thin stripes play well off one another!

    http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really cute! Like the color of your jeans too.

    Mary, MI

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did great! Everything is in the same color family and it all works so well together! Great job. Cute outfit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your mix!!! You did great! I love pattern mixing and becoming obsessed. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My blog is http://www.mzsavvystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this look. I actually did the link up for the first time this month and it certainly took some thought! But, I think you did great! When you have a chance, check out my blog and the post on the trend of the month.

    xo Monica
    monismix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...