Monday, July 9, 2012

My Attempt at a T-shirt Scarf

After seeing all the amazing scarves Julie made (see previous post), I thought I'd try my hand.  Here's the scarf I wanted to make:
Cute... right? The instructions came from this site.

It seemed easy enough: 1) cut shirt into 11 strips, 2) stretch strips, 3) braid, 4) secure braid, and 5) tie or glue together.  It was pretty easy, but for some reason my scarf looks a lot more like a necklace than the picture above.

***Let me preface this picture by saying that I must apologize for the creepy smile, but I felt stupid enough snapping shots of myself in my mirror a la "16-year-olds-on-facebook," so I vowed to take one and be done!!! haha!
If I attempt this again, I think I will use one of Tony's t-shirts so that my strips are longer.  I will also probably increase the number of strips I use to 14 (or maybe even 17...) so it looks fuller.  Anyway, for now, I think I'll stick with admiring Julie's scarves!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It still looks cute! I use XL t-shirts. I can wrap my braided one around my neck twice. I just think you need a larger size! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I'll try one of Tony's next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...