Friday, July 6, 2012

"Roasted" Chicken Drumsticks

Honestly.... I had no intentions of blogging about this recipe.  It was one of those "Oh crap... what can I do with these drumsticks I thawed for dinner...? let's consult Pinterest" kind of nights.  When I came across this recipe, I decided I'd try it simply because I had all (well, actually most...) of the ingredients, and it seemed easy.  Boy am I glad I tried it! It was delicious!

Ingredients:
-1 package chicken drumsticks (I left the skin on)
-4 tbs butter
-1 tbs olive oil
-3 garlic cloves, minced
-parsley (the recipe calls for fresh, but I used dried)
-1 tbs lemon juice
-S&P

Thats it! Stuff everyone has, right!?

Start by liberally salting and peppering the drumsticks.  I'd say use slightly more than what you think.... and heating the olive oil and half the butter in a sauté pan.  Once the butter starts to foam, add the chicken and lightly brown on all sides.
Once its lightly browned, cover and let simmer for about 25 minutes, turning occasionally.  The chicken will take on a nice caramel brown color.

After 25 minutes, add remaining ingredients, including other half of the butter.  Let butter melt and remove from heat.  Allow the pan to sit for about 5 minutes, letting the garlic and parsley flavors infuse, and continue to turn the chicken a few times to coat it fully.
I served it with a sweet potato and some green peas.  The chicken tasted like it had roasted in the oven all day.  This is definitely a keeper recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...