Monday, July 30, 2012

My Clemson Wreath "Oops"

With football season just days away (Thank God!!!), I thought it was about time for a little Clemson Tiger decor.  In a Pinterest search I found this amazingly cute wreath from Etsy.

However, for $25 plus shipping, I thought for sure I could make one of my own for less.  So, I headed to Michaels.  I bought a styrofoam wreath, 2 spools of Clemson-y ribbon, and some wooden letters to add my initials.  Total cost for me was about $13.50 - because the ribbon was on sale for 50% off... score! Note: I already had a glue gun and glue sticks, but if this is your first craft, you may be looking at another $10 or so....
I began by securing one end of the first ribbon with a spot of glue and wrapping it around, every 7 or 8 times around I'd secure with another glue spot and begin the next color ribbon.

To my dismay, about 3/4 of the way around the wreath... my ribbon ran out.  DOH!

So, it looks like I'll have to make another trip to Michaels, hope for another ribbon sale, and continue my project another day... I guess its a good thing I started my project with a few weeks to spare!

Just for giggles... here's what the project looks like with the letters.... I think it has potential!

Look for a future post with an update on this pin project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...