Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Angry Birds Pizza

If there is one thing my Maddie-Cakes loves... its PIZZA.  She is just like her Daddy.  Whats even better? Her favorite kind of pizza happens to be pepperoni and black olive (strange for a 5 year old, I know...) So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled across this pin.

Though the pin led to a dead end.... the picture provided enough pinspiration for my next pin project: Angry Birds Pizza.

Ingredients:
-1 Pillsbury pizza dough (found by the crescent rolls)
-1/2 jar Prego Pizza Sauce
-lots of shredded mozzarella cheese (I use fat free)
-1 slice of mozzarella cheese
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
-about 5 black olives, sliced (I used about 1/2 of a small can)
-1 package pepperoni (I use turkey pepperoni)

Step one: press pizza dough into circle, reserving two small pieces for "head feathers."  Add the "feathers" once your circle is the size/shape you like.

Step Two: Spread the sauce over the whole pizza.

Step Three: Cover with shredded mozzarella.

Use pepperoni to create the top half of your Angry Bird, as seen below.  Cover thickly so he looks red.

I used the round edge of my pillsbury pizza dough container as a cookie cutter to create two round eyes from the sliced mozzarella.  Then, add black olive eyeballs and eyebrows as seen below.  Finish by placing the cheddar cheese in the shape of a beak.  *Note, in original picture, it appears the pizza maker used sliced cheddar cut into the shape of the beak.  I, however, didn't have any sliced cheddar, and found the shredded cheddar to work just fine.

Bake for 14 minutes at 400 degrees.  Turn oven light on, as your child will probably do as Maddie did and watch every moment of her bird transformation!

The result: an angry bird masterpiece! And yummy, too!  I'll definitely be doing this one again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...