Thursday, August 2, 2012

Christina's Sassy Waters


Hello to everyone over here on 100 Days of Pinning! I'm super excited that Jen asked me to write a guest blog sharing with y'all something I have tried from Pinterest.  

Today's pinning adventure involves WATER--not swimming in it or looking at it, but the kind you drink...and we all need water in our lives!  I am on a quest to lose weight and get healthy, so I have been increasing my daily water intake. I am aiming to drink at least 80 ounces a day. I searched Pinterest for some ideas on what I could do to ensure I meet this goal and I came across recipes for naturally flavored waters using fruits and herbs. Awesome! I just had to try these out!

There were sooooo many to choose from! I selected Sassy Water (umm...yes, I always need more sassiness) and Watermelon with Rosemary.



Sassy Water:


1 Medium Cucumber
1 Lemon
12 Mint leaves
1/4 Tsp. Grated Ginger
81/2 Cups Water

Cut up the lemon and cucumber into thin slices
Fill a pitcher with water. You will need a 2 gallon pitcher.
Grate the ginger. I used fresh ginger and had to figure out what to do. Chop off a small piece.  Take the skin off. (I used a knife, although that was probably not the smartest way to do it) Use a grater of some kind and grate the ginger until you get the 1/4 tsp.
Combine all the ingredients and stir.
Refrigerate overnight
Enjoy the next day!

The exciting thing about Sassy Water is the boost to your metabolism it claims to give!



Watermelon and Rosemary Water:


2 Gallons of Water
1sprig of Fresh Rosemary 
Watermelon
Mudler

Put the Rosemary in the pitcher and use the mudler. I had no idea what the hell a mudler was before this and a spoon will work just fine! It is a fancy thing with flat plastic on the end used to smash-gently- fruits. Doing this releases the smell of the Rosemary. 
Scoop out chunks of watermelon (remove seeds) and put into the pitcher. Again, use the mudler to release the flavor of the Watermelon.
Place ice in the pitcher
Fill with water and serve

Both of these flavored waters were delicious and perfect to enjoy on these H.O.T. summer days! My favorite was the rosemary and Watermelon infused Water. It had a very distinct and refreshing taste. Cheers!

Recipes pinned from:



1 comment:

  1. I think you mean a 2 QUART pitcher...right? 2 gallon pitcher would be HUGE! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...