Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Two Ways to Make a Statement

Time for another Marionberry Trend of the Month Challenge!

I was super excited when Marion posted her trend of the month challenge for August: The statement necklace!  Why was I excited, you ask?  Because 2 days prior to the announcement I had stumbled across the online store Bauble Bar on Pinterest and ordered this gorgeous statement necklace in turquoise!


Luckily it got here just in time for me to use it for the challenge!

The obvious way to use a bold statement necklace is to choose a solid top in a complimentary color, and perhaps throw on a cardigan or blazer if it is chilly.  However, I wanted to try my new necklace with a patterned top (or in this case, dress) as well.

Honestly, I like both! (PS... pardon the creepy pictures! I think I was having an "off" face day....)

Necklace: BaubleBar $42
Dress: Anthropologie (old) similar, similar, similar
Tee: Express $29.50

Be sure to check out Marionberrystyle.blogspot.com tomorrow for more Trend of the Month contributors!!!


15 comments:

  1. I love it with both, but it's especially fantastic against the orange!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Necklace, I love how fabulous it looks with the t-shirt :-)
    Dayi

    http://www.dayissenseofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful necklace! looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh so gorgeous! It looks great with both the floral dress and the bright top!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Enter my jewelry giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The necklace is pretty fabulous that it goes with everything! Love both looks!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This necklace is absolutely Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful necklace and looks amazing with both the solid and the printed dress!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been eyeing this necklace for awhile now! It is such a gorgeous pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your necklace! BEAUTIFUL! Following you too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're both pretty, but the necklace really stands out against the coral/orange top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen this necklace before and just love it! You look amazing in both styles...
    Thanks so much for linking up girl!
    XO - Marion
    ps - and LOL at the "off face day" comment. Hardly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...